Friday, November 11, 2011

You Never Let Go



I had this song on my mind this morning.  I haven't heard it in a while, so after 2 hours of singing the chorus in my head, I had to come find a video.  I have now listened to it and sang along at least 5 times.

Hearing that you have melanoma is like leaving the station on a roller coaster ride.  No matter where you are in your journey, it has it's ups and downs.  You feel fear with your diagnosis. Hope with your treatment. Anger and love towards your scars. Anxiety before scans, relief at good reports, tested patience as you wait for biopsy results.  Periods of numbness and exhilaration. You feel loved. You feel alone. You feel stupid and exiled in the shade. You feel comfort. You seek wisdom.  It is all over the place, up and down and around and around.

Isn't it such a wonderful and comforting feeling to know that no matter what, God never lets go?   He is there through the calm and through the storm.  Through every high and every low.  So thankful that no matter what, we aren't alone. God never lets go, no matter what or where we are on this journey called life.


No comments:

Post a Comment