Saturday, February 2, 2013

Face Mapping

One of the many excuses (notice I didn't say reasons?) people give for wanting to tan is that it gives them a clearer complexion when it comes to the dreaded acne.

I do have to admit that in my early 20's, when I was not living the healthiest of lifestyles, that was one of my excuses too.  I have always been lucky, most of my breakouts are thanks to female hormones and are usually just one or two a month.  However, at that time in my life, my depressed overeating and   the fact that my social life consisted of crashing my friends company happy hours took it's toll on my skin, acne-wise.  My answer? I went to the tanning bed.  Luckily, I went to a place with sub-par beds and after a month, I quit because I didn't like having stripes down my back.

So the other day I came across this article on face mapping.  Basically it is saying that where your acne appears can be linked to your health.  I haven't done any follow up to the accuracy of this article, but I do find it very interesting and worth cautiously sharing.  I know there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, a healthier lifestyle and less acne do run hand in hand. I also know that looking back at what was going on in my life at times that my face has broken out at various places, this is definitely worth exploring further.

No comments:

Post a Comment